Monday 6 February 2012

Projcet 3 - TROUBLE




So far I'm having trouble using Maya and Mubdox.  I'm finding Maya hard to use and frustrating to work with; animation really isn't  what I'm made for.  The first time i used it i hade a rage quit as it wouldnt key frame everything that I did.  Whilst with Mudbox my laptop cant support it and it's frustrating as I love to work late at night and the only time I can work on it is in uni hours.  Although, Mudbox is allot easier to work with and I got the hang of it in 10 minutes.  Although, for the life of me I can not remember how to find the mirror tool!

My bouncy ball animation is not amazing but I guess it will do.  I think I need to show more of the squash and stretch principle when the ball falls down to hit the ground by stretching it out a bit.  But I have already forgotten how to do most things on Maya. Heaven knows how I'm going to finish the walk, run and jump cycles.
My first test piece for Mudbox is okay, but the nose and mouth i found very hard to do.  I found it fun to play about and experiment with different forms and shapes of the head and what was possible to create.

Still getting used to technology and I really don't like it but I'm giving it a shot.  I don't think I'll do as well as last term and then I only did okay.  I hope next term it wont be as heavy technology based!

No comments:

Post a Comment