Thursday 21 November 2013

BA7 - CS

For all my work i mainly used a reflective journal/note book to write down and explore ideas - this most definitely being the case for Contextual Studies.  So i have scanned the pages i have used for exploring ideas for my work.  As well as researching and completing my Research Report, i frequently sent my work to my tutors and got feedback to work from.  Hopefully you can read whats on the scans, but i will explain whats happening with ideas, thought process and decisions made.




The first post i have done!  I was not sure what topic to write about and at the early stages.  I started off thinking about writing about either 'The Brain on Games' or about 'Human and Non-Human Companions in Games'.  I decided to choose 'Human and Non-Human Companions in Games.', so i went and bullet pointed the main aspects of the subject i wanted to explore.  I chose that topic because it was easier to try and achieve than the other one and it also relates closer to my Studio Work.




Continuing my research for 'Human and Non-Human Companions in Games', i was curious as to the psychology of companionship in both human and non-human relationships.  So i started by gathering some information by reading a book called Psychology: The Science of the Mind and Behavior by Richard Gross.  I went ahead and made notes!




I completed 250 word plan of what i waned to do for the 'Human and Non-Human Companions in Games' topic, but then soon scrapped it.  I wasn't completely settled on that topic to write about; i felt like it wouldn't work out.  So, i changed my topic!  After researching ideas for my Studio Work, i came up with the topic 'Symbolism in Games'.  Here i went ahead and explored the idea, noting down games that use symbolism in its game design and story.




Here, i am roughly structuring and planning out the topic to see if it would work and if i was settled on it.




I then went to the University Library to do some research.  I went ahead and noted down some books that could be useful.  Only 2 were which are circled.  I went ahead and read as much as i could of the two books and with the use of sticky notes, marked on the book possible quotes i could use.




Here i finally structure a more finalized frame work of the Research Report before writing a 250 word plan.  I then went on to write a number of drafts and worked on the feedback i got given, as well as finding more research for my Research Report.

No comments:

Post a Comment