Thursday 22 November 2012

pencil, to ink, to colour!

In my previous post, i showed the rough idea of what i was going for. And here are the steps i did after that and beyond!  First off, i did the line work of the panels to see how they visually looked on a page.  I showed them to my team mates and they gave me the OK.






After that i made some adjustments here and there and began filling in the panels with the scenes.  I found this a challenge with the perspective of the characters in the car.  But for my first ever go at anything likethis, i don't think i did too badly.






When that was all finished i showed my team mates and they liked it.  I then traced my work with a fine liner on Copic paper.  I used a black Copic marker for the thicker lines.  At this stage you get to see the effect i'm after and the style chosen.  the first panel on the first page was used with grey Copic markers.  i did this to show my team mates a different approach to inking/colouring that i was thinking about doing.  i scrapped it as i preferred the effect given by just the black fine liner.






I then proceeded to colour the work on Painter 12.  I had a lot of fun doing this comic sequence! It was a challenge and i really enjoy trying something new.






No comments:

Post a Comment