Sunday 14 April 2013

BA6 - ok so, how did i begin this idea?

I came up with this idea about a year ago.  I am contently thinking up ideas being influenced by music, art, films and tv shows. It is rare for me to stick to an idea and to develop it in my mind for as long as i have done.  In general, i have a love for how things work, why they work and how external/internal factors can affect things working, leading to my interest in biology and psychology.  Following psychology, i find it so interesting to see peoples different views on multiple topics (evident in my essay work) and why they think the way they do.  I am a spiritual person and a vegetarian and following this, i like to think about the world and why people think about certain things the way they do concerning the world. This is what i platform my stories off of - moral ideas, decision making, questioning the world around them and how the individual lives, acts and reacts.
For this story idea, i deal with the theme of sacrifice, the idea of the greater good, being in suffering and watching someone else suffer.  All points i think many people can relate to and to make people think about the world they live in.

Over time of thinking and developing my idea, it has changed quite a bit.  I wondered how myths, legends and folk stories began.  I went and looked into fantasy creatures, looking into ware wolfs  how did this creature start out and then go on to develop into the creature we now know today?
Werewolf started out as stories from all over the world.  In Europe  men were blessed by gods to be able to transform into a wolf to give them agility and strength to either get revenge or protect.  In native america and Africa  witches were able to transform into any creatures, including wolves at will.  There were also pieces of clothing, often belts made from a wolf that would transform the wearer into a wolf.

Originally my story was going to be about the origins of werewolf  but instead turned into the creation of Gods and Demi Gods.


I maybe sounding totally artsy fartsy with my ideas but this honestly how i think and develop ideas.  I figured it would be good to show and express what interest me and triggers my ideas, including how this idea came about. I keep referring the story as "my idea" because i haven't thought of a title for it yet! Names are not my strong suit but i think they need a lot of care in choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment